High School Girls Soccer Rankings: The world of high school girls soccer is one of intense competition and dedicated athletes. With so many talented teams and players, it can be difficult to keep track of who’s at the top of the game. That’s where high school girls soccer rankings come in. These rankings, compiled by various organizations and experts, offer a snapshot of the best teams and players in the country. For more related articles, check our website.
How High School Girls Soccer Rankings are Compiled
High school girls soccer rankings are compiled by various organizations and experts using a variety of criteria. Some of the most widely recognized rankings are done by organizations such as MaxPreps, USA Today, and the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA). These organizations use a combination of factors to determine their rankings, including:
- Win-loss record: The most basic factor in determining a team’s ranking is their win-loss record. Teams with more wins are generally considered to be stronger than teams with more losses.
- Strength of schedule: A team’s strength of schedule is also taken into account when determining rankings. Teams that have played against tougher opponents are generally considered to be stronger than teams that have played against weaker opponents.
- Margin of victory: The margin of victory is also considered when determining rankings. Teams that win by large margins are generally considered to be stronger than teams that win by small margins.
- Player evaluations: Player evaluations are also taken into consideration when determining rankings. Teams with a higher number of highly-rated players are generally considered to be stronger than teams with a lower number of highly-rated players.
- Coaching: Coaching is also considered when determining rankings. Teams with strong and experienced coaches are generally considered to be stronger than teams with weaker or less experienced coaches.
It’s important to note that different organizations may weight these factors differently when determining their rankings. Additionally, some organizations may also consider other factors such as player statistics and team history.
Top High School Girls Soccer Teams
When it comes to high school girls soccer, there are a few teams that consistently rise to the top. These teams are known for their strong coaching, dedicated players, and impressive record of wins. Some of the top high school girls soccer teams include:
- St. Johns High School (DC) – This team has won the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference (WCAC) championship for the past three years. They are known for their strong defense and skilled midfielders.
- Foothill High School (CA) – With a record of 23-0-2, this team is currently ranked number one in California by MaxPreps. They have a deep roster of talented players, including several Division I commits.
- Lakeland High School (NY) – This team has won four consecutive state championships, and they are currently ranked number one in New York by the New York State Sportswriters Association. They have a strong midfield and defense, and they’re known for their aggressive attack.
- Eastside Catholic High School (WA) – This team has won the State Championship for the past three years and they are currently ranked number one in Washington by MaxPreps. They have a dynamic offense and solid defense.
These are just a few examples of the top high school girls soccer teams in the country. Other teams that regularly appear in the rankings include: McDonogh School (MD), St. Thomas Aquinas High School (FL), and Montverde Academy (FL).
Top High School Girls Soccer Players
Just as important as the teams are the individual players who make them great. These players are known for their skill, dedication, and leadership on the field. Some of the top high school girls soccer players include:
- Sophia Smith – A forward for Real Colorado and the US U-20 Women’s National Team, Sophia is a highly-touted prospect in the class of 2020. She has committed to play at Stanford University.
- Summer Yates – A midfielder for Foothill High School (CA) and a member of the US U-18 Women’s National Team, Summer is known for her strong technical skills and her ability to control the midfield.
- Alexa Spaanstra – A midfielder for Eastside Catholic High School (WA) and a member of the US U-20 Women’s National Team, Alexa is known for her vision and ability to create scoring opportunities for her teammates.
- Kennedy Wesley – A defender for So Cal Blues and the US U-20 Women’s National Team, Kennedy is a highly-rated prospect in the class of 2020. She has committed to play at the University of Southern California.
- Samantha Meza – A forward for Solar Soccer Club and the US U-20 Women’s National Team, Samantha is known for her quickness and ability to finish.
These are just a few examples of the top high school girls soccer players in the country. Other players that regularly appear in the rankings include: Gabbi Miranda, Emily Mason, and Katelyn Duong.
High school girls soccer rankings are a valuable tool for keeping track. Of the top teams and players in the country. These rankings are compiled by various organizations and experts using a combination of factors. Such as win-loss record, strength of schedule, margin of victory, player evaluations, and coaching. While these rankings are not the be-all and end-all of determining a team. Or player’s success, they do provide a snapshot of the current state of the high school girls soccer scene.